Beginning with the 2012-2013 school yearCoffee County Schools will provide a centralized enrollment process for all new students in the county and those moving from one school zone to another. In the past, parents or guardians would enroll their child at the respective school. All students new to the Coffee County School System and students who transfer within the district will be enrolled through the enrollment center.
One of the main reasons for this change is that Coffee County Schools wants to make the school registration process as easy as possible for busy parents. We understand that it can be confusing trying to figure out which of the district's schools your child will attend.
To alleviate some of the confusion and help parents get all the information they need, and to assist in completing all the proper forms, Coffee County Schools will operate an Enrollment Center where everything parents need is under one roof.
Parents of elementary, middle and high school children should go to the Enrollment Center to enroll their children in school. Coffee County Schools Enrollment Center is located at 1303 S. Peterson Avenue next door to the central office.
The Enrollment Center also provides transcripts for former students of the Coffee County School System.
- Student’s certified birth certificate
- Student's social security card or waiver
(Parent may elect to sign a form at the time of enrollment stating the individual does not wish to provide the social security number, pursuant to O.C.G.A. 20-2-150.)
- Current Georgia Immunization (DHR Form #3231)
- Current Georgia Certificate of Eye, Ear & Dental Screening (DHR Form #3300)
- Proof of Residency in parent/guardian’s name:
- Current utility bill (land line telephone, electric, gas, water, or cable) that includes the physical address of the residence; or receipt or agreement for rent/lease/mortgage
- Withdrawal Form and/or Transcript or Final Report Card to verify correct grade placement and all special education reports (IEP / SST / 504 / Gifted) and the name, mailing address and phone/fax numbers of previous schools attended.
Please be prepared to provide:
·Any custody documents, if applicable
·Picture ID of parent or legal guardian registering child.
·Proof of health insurance, Medicaid, or Peachcare (for Pre-K only)
·Documentation of any health concerns or allergies of which the school should be aware
·Any restraining orders or other legal documents specifically limiting the access of any individual to the student(s) being enrolled